Santikos Entertainment Palladium Blood Drive
November 27, 2020 @ 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Give Blood. Make a Difference!
We’re calling on our South Texas community to give blood and help patients.
The South Texas Blood & Tissue Center will be hosting an appointment-only community blood drive at Santikos Entertainment Palladium on Friday, Nov. 27.
All blood donation will undergo a COVID-19 antibody test. Results will be available online within a week after your donation. Learn more at SouthTexasBlood.org/Testing
Save time by filling out your pre-donation health questionnaire electronically before donating the same day of your donation. Click here.
All Presenting Donors Score:
- Free popcorn
- A $10 Entertainment Gift Card
- Entry into a raffle for the Santikos VIP Experience
- Points that can be redeemed for a gift card of your choice choose from hundreds of retailers and restaurants or STBTC merch! Learn more at SouthTexasBlood.org/Rewards.
How STBTC is keeping donors safe
Below you will also find the safety protocols we’ve implemented at every blood drive and donor room. For more information about the coronavirus, visit: SouthTexasBlood.org/Coronavirus
- Temperature check prior to check-in.
- All staff and donors are required to wear masks, any donor without a mask will be offered one at check-in.
- Additional hand sanitation stations at check-in and throughout the donation process.
- Staff members change gloves and sanitize surfaces in the screening area between donors.
- Potential donors are asked questions concerning recent travel as well as given a mini-physical.
- Individuals who meet travel, evaluation or potential exposure criteria identified by the CDC over the course of the past 28 days are advised not to donate. This is being done as a cautionary measure since respiratory viruses are not known to be transmitted by blood donation or transfusion.
- Donor beds are sanitized after each donation.
- Each donation collection kit is new, single-use and unopened until the time of use.
- STBTC staff have been instructed to remain home if they are ill, until 24 hours after a fever has resolved.
- All our drives and donor rooms have information sheets about steps to take to help prevent the spread of the new coronavirus.
- STBTC staff have been instructed to avoid travel to locations where there are known outbreaks of COVID-19, and to self-quarantine, if they have visited a country the CDC has identified a site of a significant outbreak.