On Tuesday, January 12, the South Texas Blood & Tissue center hosted the annual Technical Services Advisory Meeting (TSAM) at their Donor Pavilion. Professionals from the Methodist Healthcare, Baptist Hospital System, NIX Hospital, Audie L. Murphy VA Hospital, Resolute Health, Kindred Hospital, Hill Country Memorial Hospital, Peterson Regional Medical Center, CERUS Technologies, and QualTex Laboratories attended.
The program included:
- The Pathogen Inactivation process
- The advantages and disadvantages of The Pathogen Inactivation
- The proper utilization of O negative RBCs
- Basic instruction which is open to everyone interested in blood banking including CLS, MT, nurses and physicians
- 1 hour of instruction with P.A.C.E. credits*
*The South Texas Blood & Tissue Center is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E. Program