It seems like only a few weeks ago that we began the process of serving as Chairs of The Foundation and focused our first board meeting on the challenges facing The Foundation as a result of COVID-19 and the opportunities to further The Foundation’s mission. Some of those challenges still exist today and the last few months of 2021 provide our board members with multiple opportunities to engage and help The Foundation achieve its goals.
How can you help?
- Join The Big Give Committee. Early giving opens on Sept. 16 and The Big Give is on Sept. 23. We need board members to commit to come to the Donor Pavilion on Sept. 23 and make calls to family and friends seeking donations on behalf of The Foundation. Stephanie Stephens and her committee have done a lot of work to organize this event to make it as easy as possible for board members to participate. Please contact Stephanie Stephens or Adriana Estrada for further information on how you can participate.
- Join a Red & White Ball Committee. Contact Lilly or Alan Gretzinger, Morgan Bertram, Jeanne Bennett or Mary Dial about how you can get involved in supporting the Red & White Ball taking place at The Tobin Center of the Performing Arts on Nov. 13, 2021. Proceeds from the event will be used to build out and support the opening of new donor rooms in the greater San Antonio area. At a minimum, purchase your table or tickets now since space is limited. Other ways to get involved are to join the auction committee, decorations committee or sponsorship committee. This is a fun and easy way to help support The Foundation’s biggest fundraising event of the year.
- Rio Grande Valley Outreach. As the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center (STBTC) begins its efforts to expand the services it provides in South Texas, we need board member support with identifying organizations and individuals that can help STBTC make contacts within the local community to increase their presence. Specifically, we need board members to provide contact information for, or otherwise facilitate contact with, any of the following individuals or organizations in Edinburg and/or McAllen, Texas:
- Religious institutions (pastors, deacons, ministers, priests, rabbis, etc.)
- Educational institutions (school district administrators, members of the board of regents or administration for colleges or universities in the area)
- City or county leaders (mayors, city managers, council members, county judges, economic development organizations, etc.)
- Chambers of Commerce
- Rotary Clubs
- Large employers (financial institutions, car dealerships, healthcare providers including hospitals)
- Members of local first responders
- Members of Homeowners Associations
The Foundation has already had a number of great success stories in 2021 and with the support of all members of the Board, we can celebrate many more in the coming months. We thank you all for your continued hard work and dedication to The Foundation!